- Develop and maintain excellent programs of undergraduate and graduate instruction according to the overall mission of Sonoma State University and the California State University system.
- Provide the foundation for lifelong learning, practice nursing within a broad cultural perspective while affirming intellectual and aesthetic achievements as part of the human experience.
- Develop professional leadership and active citizenship fostering flexibility and resilience for a career in nursing within a dynamic world.
- Our graduates will contribute to the health and well-being of the world at large.
The Department of Nursing dynamically embraces and celebrates diversity, courage, and seamless learning in leading and mentoring communities of students, faculty and the profession to shape the future of health care.
- Diversity and social justice
- Sustainability and environmental inquiry
- Connectivity and community engagement
- Adaptability and responsiveness