Welcome to the Sonoma State University Department of Nursing.
For over 40 years the Department of Nursing has been educating nurses. To date we have educated over 4000 Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Educators, and Nurse Leaders to serve our region, state, country, and world. We are proud of our reputation for preparing excellent, well-qualified professionals. Our students are educated to practice in a variety of settings including community health agencies, advanced practice settings, and acute care settings. Our core values include:
- Providing a foundation for lifelong learning
- Practicing nursing with a broad cultural perspective
- Developing professional leadership and active citizenship
- Fostering flexibility and resilience for a career in nursing within a dynamic world
- Contributing to the health and well-being of a community within a perspective of the world at large
The SSU Department of Nursing offers both bachelors and masters degrees in a variety of formats and is fully accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education(CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
P: (202) 887-6791
F: (202) 887-8476
You are welcome to contact us for information unavailable on our website. Please also note the dates of our community information sessions open to the public offered each semester. We look forward to sharing more about the department and major options