To be considered for admission to the SSU Post Licensure (CNECM) BSN Program all applicants must:
- Meet BOTH SSU Transfer Admission Criteria and SSU Department of Nursing Admission Criteria
- Submit designated applications to BOTH to SSU and to the Nursing Department
- Be admitted by both the university and the Nursing Department.
DEPARTMENT ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR POST-LICENSURE BSN PROGRAM
Preference for admission to the program will be given to applicants currently enrolled in first year ADN of service area community colleges and residing in SSU service area counties (Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Marin, Lake, and Mendocino) with Spring graduation
Minimum Cumulative GPA 2.0, on average admitted applicants have a 2.7 Cumulative GPA or higher
Completion of statistics (Math 165) with a C or better by matriculation
Complete an accurate Lower Division GE and Preq Checklist (Available on NursingCAS application)
Current unencumbered California licensure as a Registered Nurse or anticipated graduation from a California ADN program and NCLEX eligibility prior to or during matriculation to SSU Post-Licensure BSN program
Human anatomy and physiology within the past 10 years or documented direct patient care nursing experience (including clinical course) within the past two years. Waived if currently in an ADN program.
CNECM BSN APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants are admitted to the Department in spring and then apply to the University in fall. Post-License BSN students admitted to the Department must subsequently gain admission to the University to progress in the program. CSU Admission Requirements for Transfers https://admissions.sonoma.edu/how-apply/requirements/transfers.
Application period CNECM TRACK: January 15 to March 1
- NursingCAS application process:
- Set up NursingCAS account, fee required
- Upload Lower Division GE Prerequisite & Checklist - accurate and complete - must be reviewed by community college counselor
- Complete 4 short-answer questions (1 paragraph/3-6 sentences/100-200 words each, found on application)
- Upload Fall semester transcripts, overall cumulative CSU transferable GPA 2.00
- Send electronic official transcripts to NursingCAS
- $60 non-refundable application fee: Click here to pay online or contact email@example.com to discuss an alternative payment method. Payment is due by the application deadline.
PREVIOUS BACHELORS IN ANOTHER FIELD
Second baccalaureate students are welcome to apply and will be considered equally with all other applicants and must meet impaction criteria, including statistics with a C or better. Second baccalaureate students are subject to higher CSU tuition fees.