What if I earned a BSN from another country?

To be eligible for the Master's of Science in Nursing with the Family Nurse Practitioner Option, you must have your foreign transcripts evaluated. Once you have received your evaluation, you will need to contact the California Board of Registered Nursing

International Students:

If you are an international student, you will also need to provide the following information:

  • Official transcripts, mark sheets, or test results for all university coursework.
  • Verification of the award of all degrees, if not noted on official transcript(s).
  • Sonoma State University accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES http://www.naces.org/members.html).

Your file is not complete until all official documents listed above have been received. All documents need to be submitted by the due date on your checklist. You will be notified as each document is received in our office via your email provided on your application.